Much of what we do aims to support and promote the development of good practice in short breaks and respite care, and to improve access to information and advice. Our annual programme of events includes short courses, road show events, practitioner and service user exchange forums, a biennial conference and online discussion forums.
Our electronic bulletin is circulated every 2 months. The bulletin is aimed at all those with an interest in short break services including service users, carers, practitioners, service providers and policy makers. You can sign up to the bulletin by clicking here.
Our services include:
- An online and telephone enquiry service to help carers and service users find short break and respite services that best match their needs
- General information and advice on all matters relating to short break services
- Events, networks, publications and learning resources to share knowledge, experience and successful practice
- The commissioning of research to improve policy and practice
- Management of the Short Break Fund on behalf of the National Carer Organisations and the Scottish Government
You’ll find further information on all these services throughout this website.
We are also very happy to contribute to external events and have lots of experience of running workshops and delivering presentations to wide ranging audiences.