Shared Care Scotlands holds regular events throughout Scotland.
We aim to offer a range of opportunities aimed at those using and providing short break and respite services and those responsible for planning and managing these services.
Our events include: short courses, road show events, practitioner and service user exchange forums, annual conference and online discussion forums. We are also looking at developing study visits to other parts of the UK.
The aims of our learning and development programme are to:
- To increase awareness of short break (respite) services and enable participants to support members of their community to access services.
- To build individual and organisational capacity to deliver effective, person centered services.
- To ensure good practice in service development.
- To enable those attending to demonstrate and share good practice.
- To cover relevant issues such as promoting inclusion, tackling discrimination, developing trust and confidence, involving people in service design etc.
"Another excellent day."
"I really enjoyed the conference. One of the best."
"Keep up the good work."