Action Learning Sets
To support the development of new models of short break provision, Shared Care Scotland will be establishing task-orientated learning sets to help practitioners explore new ideas and put in place plans that will help translate these ideas into action. The first ALS has been formed around the development of Short Break Bureaux. This group is also developing a Common Evaluation Framework to help local authorities and providers to measure the benefits and outcomes of the short break services they provide.
Are you interested in the possibility of operating a Short Break Bureau within your organisation or local authority?
This group is intended to support professionals who are seeking to establish the SBB model –
even as a pilot – and those who have been recently given the opportunity to do so.
We envisage this group being:
- an opportunity for sharing experience and learning – therefore offering practical support
- a supportive forum for exploring ideas, questions and potential action throughout the stages of development
- influential in continuing to shape the growing interest in the SBB model, via Shared Care Scotland (which is prepared to take forward issues, and information, arising from the experience of the group to a wider strategic audience)
While the programme will be negotiated with group members, we envisage focusing on the
- Making the case for an SBB pilot
- Creating the right systems
- Strategic publicity and networking
- Monitoring and evaluation
Shared Care Scotland is committed to supporting the group, and the evolving bureaux, through their networks with commissioners and related professionals.
If you would be interested in joining this Action Learning Set please contact Ben Hall
The next ALS meeting for the Short Break Bureau group will take place in Stirling on the 16th January 2013. If you would be interested in attending please contact Ben Hall