‘take a Break’ is direct grant funding for families living in Scotland. A ‘take a Break’ grant can be used towards a break, holiday, outing, sport activity or other activity in the UK or overseas.
The aim of the fund is to support carers, including kinship carers and their families
to take a break improving their physical and emotional well being, enabling them to enjoy life and opportunities outside of caring. As ‘take a Break’ is a limited fund we anticipate the average grant to be in the range of £200 – £500 per family.
The 'take a Break' grant programme is administered by the Family Fund.
You can apply for a grant if:
- You have permanent legal residency in the UK and have lived in Scotland for 6 months.
- You are caring for a disabled child or young person aged 0-20 years. (By disability we mean disabled children and young people with multiple support needs, or who have a serious or life-limiting or life threatening illness).
- You are a disabled young person aged 20 or younger
- Your child is not in Local Authority care.
- You agree to inform the scheme learning by sharing your experience of choosing and taking a break.
For further details, please click here
Administered by the Family Fund Trust for Families with Severely Disabled Children.
Private company limited by guarantee. Incorporated in England and Wales. Registration no. 3166627. Registered charity no. 1053866. Scottish charity no. SC040810.
Registered office: Unit 4, Alpha Court, Monks Cross Drive, Huntington, York YO32 9WN.