These Terms & Conditions apply to short break service providers listing their services on our online directory.
- Shared Care Scotland will not recommend any particular service above others, in all instances the choice of a service remains with the individuals concerned
- We do not act as a booking agent for anyone, our role is limited to providing information on what is available as well as contact details should you or someone acting on your behalf wish to pursue an option
Please note in providing information we only ever undertake specific searches which match services with an identified individuals needs, we do not provide copies of our database or sections of it under client or geographical groupings.
Before you can add records about your organisation, you will be asked to register your name and contact details. You should check that your organisation, service or group meets our Inclusion Criteria and read our Data Protection statement below. During registration you will be asked to check the Terms & Conditions box to indicate your agreement.
Keeping records up-to-date
Service providers can add or amend records at anytime using their log-in details. Every 12 months we will email you and ask you to confirm that the information on your record is up-to-date. Records that have information that is out of date are at risk of removal from the directory.
Inclusion Criteria for the Short Break Directory
Shared Care Scotland’s vision is “a Scotland where everyone who receives support or provides unpaid care can live a full and satisfying life, with the assistance they need to take regular, quality breaks from the everyday demands of their caring routines.”
People need a break for a reason: to spend time in the company of friends and family, to pursue interests and leisure, or simply for rest or recreation. We believe that everyone has the right to practical assistance and support to participate in society and live an ordinary life.
We are committed to collaborative working in the pursuit of this vision where carers and the people they care for have an equal voice in determining the future direction of short breaks provision.
We therefore wish to maintain a directory of short break services to enable carers and the people they care for to have easy access to high quality information to enable them to find a suitable service.
We do not define what people should feel is a break for them. Services on our directory should provide an opportunity for carers and / or the people they care for to have a break from their caring routine in a safe environment.
We organise the information we are given into the following categories of service. If you feel your service does not fit into one of these, please contact Ben Hall at Shared Care Scotland.
- Accessible Hotels or B&B Accommodation
- Accessible Self Catering Accommodation
- Breaks in the home of another Family/Carer
- Carer Breaks
- Clubs or Day Facilities for Short Break/Respite Purposes
- Dedicated Short Break/Respite Accommodation
- Residential Care Home with Short Break/Respite Places
- Supported Leisure & Activity Holidays
- Sitter Service
- Home Care
- Information Providers
We provide information to people with all conditions and of all ages. We also provide information irrespective of the way that services are funded. (Local Authority funded, Charity, Community Interest Company, Private Business…)
Information that we will exclude
- Shared Care Scotland is not able to promote political parties
- Services where the “respite” element of the work is at risk of cancellation. This may be a Care Home where a booked respite break can be cancelled should a permeant resident require a room.
- Services that no longer meet our inclusion criteria
Removal on grounds of service quality
We do not carry out inspections or assessments on the quality of services. We do provides links to the relevant inspectorate where available and a number of umbrella bodies; this is to aid transparency. Where we are made aware of concerns about client safety, allegations or complaints of a serious nature we will suspend a service record from view and await the outcome of investigations or complaint processes. We reserve the right to remove any service from the directory. Where we do we will inform the record owner of the reasons for our decision. If you are unhappy with any decision then the Shared care Scotland complaints process can be accessed here.
We will store the data you provide about your service in order to be able to pass this on to people looking for services. We will share your service data with other directories (Such as ALISS and Euans Guide) to allow easier access to it from more people.
We will store your account data to allow you access to update your service record. We will not share this data with other organisations.