The Creative Breaks 2014 funding programme is now open for applications.
The purpose of the Creative Breaks Grant Programme is to improve the range, choice and availability of short breaks so that carers and the people they care for have a better quality of life, and feel better supported in their caring relationship.
The programme is funded by the Scottish Government as part of their commitment to the development of Short Breaks for the benefit of carers and those they care for. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications by the end of August.
The latest round of the Creative Breaks programme will distribute around £1m of grants to third sector organisations for the provision of breaks. The funding will be available from October 2014 to September 2015.
The deadline for applications is noon on Friday 16th May 2014.
Who Can Apply?
The fund is available to third sector organisations operating in Scotland. Applicants do not have to be registered with OSCR but must have charitable objectives and your constitution must be capable of passing the charities test. Organisations need to demonstrate effective governance arrangements including financial controls.
Making the Most of Your Application
Experience from previous rounds has shown that organisations are significantly more likely to have successful applications after attending a workshop. So please come along to one of our free workshops and gain advice about your application. To book a place click on the date of the workshop you are interested in and you will be taken to the Eventbrite booking website for full details.
- Dundee: 16th April 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Inverclyde: 23rd April 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Glasgow: 24th April 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Dunoon: 25th April 11am – 1pm
- Inverness: 28th April 11am – 1pm
- Renfrewshire: 29th April 10.30am – 12.30pm
- South Ayrshire: 30th April 11am – 1pm
- Peebles: 1st May 11am – 1pm
- North Ayrshire: 2nd May 11am – 1pm
Creative Breaks will fund projects which aim to improve short break opportunities for:
- Carers of adults (age 21 and older) and those they care for
- Carers of older people (age 65+) and those they care for
- Kinship carers and those they care for
- Young carers and young adult carers and those they care for adults with support needs and their carers
For further information about the groups we particularly want to support in this round, refer to our guidance for applicants.
We expect most grants to be in the region of £5,000 to £50,000, although smaller or larger applications will be considered.
Want to know more?
To download the Guidance and Application Pack for Creative Breaks, click here
If you have a specific question please look at our FAQ section, phone the Shared Care Scotland office on 01383 622462 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org