Scotland’s National Carer Organisations (NCO) – of which Shared Care Scotland is member – have developed a manifesto for carers for the forthcoming local government elections.
The NCO call on all candidates in the local council elections to agree to:
• Protect funding for carer support & ensure there are adequate resources to implement the Carers Act
• Increase efforts to improve short breaks provision
• Promote better, preventative support for carers
• Improve financial support for carers of all ages
• Support carers in and into employment
The full manifesto can be read here.