Information for Professionals
Respitality operates as a social franchise, which means that although Shared Care Scotland coordinate Respitality nationally for quality assurance, the model of Respitality is handed to organisations that support carers locally to ensure there is more of a person centred approach to this short breaks option. There is a list of organisations that are currently engaged with the Respitality project.
If your organisation supports unpaid carers, and you would like to deliver Respitality locally, we have a Memorandum of Understanding that is signed by yourself and Shared Care Scotland. This confirms your commitment to Respitality and is an agreement that outlines what is expected of the carers organisation involved and what you can expect from Shared Care Scotland in terms of support and resources. There is no cost for organisations to sign up to deliver Respitality.
If you would like to find out more about getting involved with Respitality, please contact Kerry Donaghy, Respitality Developer, on 01383 622462 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know that Respitality are hosting information events in September for organisations who support carers and would like to find out more about how they can get involved? Further information on the content of the events, as well as links to Eventbrite to book on, can be found here.
Current local Respitality projects
Respitality is currently operating in 14 local authority areas, click below to visit each organisations page:
- Aberdeenshire: Quarriers Aberdeenshire
- Angus: Angus Carers Centre
- Borders: Borders Carers Centre
- Clackmannanshire: Falkirk & Clackmannanshire Carers Centre
- Dundee: Dundee Carers Centre
- East Ayrshire: East Ayrshire Carers Centre
- Edinburgh: Care 4 Carers, Edinburgh Young Carers and Voices of Carers Across Lothians
- Falkirk: Falkirk & Clackmannanshire Carers Centre
- Midlothian: Voices of Carers Across Lothians
- North Argyll: North Argyll Carers Centre
- North Lanarkshire: Lanarkshire Carers Centre
- Perthshire: PKAVS Carers Hub
- Shetland Islands: Voluntary Action Shetland
- South Lanarkshire: Lanarkshire Carers Centre