OPEN NOW FOR APPLICATIONS
About this funding
Creative Breaks programme provides 12 month grants to third sector organisations to develop and deliver short breaks projects and services for carers of adults (aged 21 years and over), carers of older people (aged 65 years and over), young carers (caring for children or adults), and those that they care for.
A total of £500,000 is available for the 2017 round of the Creative Breaks funding programme. Grants are for one year and will be awarded in October 2017. The maximum grant award is £50,000. The average grant in award in previous years has been around £17,000.
Deadline for applications is 12 noon, Friday 26 May 2017.
Who can apply?
If you can answer ‘YES’ to all of the following questions about your organisation and project, then you can apply for a Creative Breaks grant.
- We are a third sector (voluntary organisation) operating in Scotland
- We are a registered charity OR our organisation’s constitution meets the OSCR charity test
- We have all of the relevant registrations, policies and procedures required for our work in place (e.g. PVG checks, safeguarding, Care Inspectorate requirements etc.)
- We have appropriate and effective governance and financial management arrangements in place
- Our project will enable unpaid carers of adults (21+) and/or carers of older people (65+) and/or young carers, and/or those that they care for to access short breaks
For further details, please see the Guidance for Applicants document.
How to apply
To apply, complete the application form and budget template in full, and send these along with your most recent accounts and your governing document or constitution to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon, Friday 26 May.
Click here to download…
We ran a series of free information and advice workshops in April and early May for applicants across Scotland. We also ran an online workshop which is available to watch online.
Call in days
We have scheduled ‘call in’ days when are you are welcome to ring the Short Breaks Fund manager, Ellie Sandercock, to discuss your application in more detail:
Friday 12 May, 10am-2pm
Friday 19 May, 10am-4pm
Please call 01383 622462 and ask to speak to Ellie.
Resources and toolkits
We have a range of free resources and tools to help you develop your project plan and application. These were all developed in partnership with organisations that have been funded by the Short Breaks Fund so they are tailored to the needs of organisations just like yours.