The Creative Breaks 2016 Programme is open for applications.
Creative Breaks provides funding from The Scottish Government to organisations to develop short break opportunities for carers of adults with care needs, young carers and kinship carers.
We want to fund projects that can make a difference to carers of adults, carers of older people, kinship carers, young carers and young adult carers.
This year the Creative Breaks Programme funds two strands of activity: the Short Break Services strand and the Time to Live strand. Each strand is worth around 50% of the total fund. There is a little bit under £1m to distribute in 2016.
You can apply for a grant either to develop short break services or for funding to establish or continue your own small grant scheme for carers so that carers can then pay for the short break that’s right for them.
These are some examples of the types of projects that we are particularly keen to fund. Proposals that align with these will attract extra marks at assessment.
- Projects that pilot new ways of personalising short breaks and / or re-design services to align with personalisation
- Projects that give young adults with disabilities the chance to build social networks, develop their skills and confidence and reduce their dependence on family carers
- Projects which are proactive in reaching less visible and under-served carers such as BME carers and carers from the Gypsy / Traveller communities
- Projects that will reach carers and the people they care for in remote and rural areas; and projects that will reach carers living in areas of multiple deprivation
- Projects that make the most of, and reduce barriers to, mainstream services
You can download the guidance and the application form from the Apply Now page