Our work supports and promotes the development of good practice in short breaks and respite care, and aims to improve access to information and advice.
- An online and telephone enquiry service for any information that helps carers and service users find short break and respite services that best match their needs
- The commissioning of research to improve policy and practice
- Facilitation of various networks of carers and professionals to share knowledge and ideas
- Management of the Short Break Fund on behalf of the National Carer Organisations and the Scottish Government
- E-bulletin of news and developments
- Facilitating workshops days for staff, volunteer and user groups on short breaks and development.
- Developing and maintaining the websites shortbreakstories.org.uk and shortbreaktoolkits.org.uk that provide examples of good practice and inspiration.
- Fostering new ideas on the delivery of services and developing them into a sustainable reality.